Fredericksburg Foodie loves Taco Tuesdays as much as we do! Actually we do Mexican probably more than the average family. It is quick easy and a winner with the entire family. The goal though is to change it up and not always just have the basics like ground beef or chicken tacos.
Enjoy a new take on tacos for Tuesdays or even when you are entertaining your friends!
Brisket Tacos with Pickled Onions
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 celery ribs, chopped thin
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 - 3 lb. beef brisket
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 c. chopped cilantro
- For Pickled Onions:
- 1 c. thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 c. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. honey
- Step 1 For Beef: Place vegetables in crock pot. Cube the beef and rub with seasoning and place on top of the veggies. Top with cilantro and cook for six hours on low. Cook an additional hour on high if meat is not shredding easily.
- Step 2 For Pickled Onions: Place all ingredients into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Step 3 Serving directions: Serve shredded beef in warm flour tortillas topped with pickled onions, queso fresco and fresh lime slices.