Fredericksburg Foodie and Fredericksburg Living will be partnering up from time to time in order to provide our readers with yummy recipes!
This one in particular is a perfect dessert recipe if you are hosting a party and need a quick, easy sweet treat that you can pick up without a lot of mess.
- 1 14oz. pkg. Angel Flake Coconut (5 1/3 cups)
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 6 T. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 t. almond extract
- Step 1 Melted milk or dark chocolate
- Step 2 Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour baking sheet. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until completely mixed together ( I normally end up using my hands).
- Step 3 Using a scooper, place 36 mounds onto cookie sheet(s). Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Cool completely. Dip bottom of macaroons into chocolate and place onto wax paper until chocolate hardens. Drizzle with chocolate.
- Step 4 Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.