Chocolate Cake is a fan favorite in our home and anything that is double or triple chocolate is just “icing on the cake”.
During the holidays life is a bit chaotic. For a fast, easy and over the top delicious chocolate cake, I always turn to the Triple-Chocolate Bundt Cake from Southern Living Our Best Easy Weeknight Favorites cookbook. It is THE BEST! (Many others over the years completely agree!)
This cake is a breeze because the base is a devil’s food cake mix with a box of chocolate pudding added to it. The result is a – do I dare use the “m” word – moist, rich chocolate cake sure to please every chocolate lover at your party or family dinner.
Triple-Chocolate Bundt Cake by Southern Living Easy Weeknight Favorites
- 1 Devil's Food Cake Mix with pudding
- 1 5.9 oz package chocolate instant pudding
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable or coconut oil
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Step 1 Combine first 5 ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Step 2 Beat at medium speed of an electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in 2 cups chocolate chips. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Step 3 Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes
- Step 4 Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Step 5 Combine remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and whipping cream in a heavy saucepan
- Step 6 Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until chocolate chips melt. Let stand 15 minutes
- Step 7 Drizzle chocolate glaze over cake. Garnish, if desired. Let cake stand 1 hour before serving.
- Step 8 Serve with ice cream or whipped cream for an extra treat!