Summer is right around the corner and that means lots of time spent with family and friends!
Four of my closest friends – my “framily” as we call each other – get together quite regularly. With anywhere from 20-30 of us at our shindigs, including our husbands and kids, we always make sure there is plenty of good food and drink ready.
Searching for new and easy recipes to make for this group is always fun. Fredericksburg Foodie is a great local blog to visit when you are looking for something delicious to make. When I saw the recipe for the Key Lime Trifle, I knew that dessert would be taken care of at our next soiree!
Trifles are so fun to make and they are a great way to get kids involved in on the baking action as well. This recipe is no different!
Enjoy and thanks Fredericksburg Foodie for this fabulous recipe!
Key Lime Trifle
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 stick soft unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Key Lime juice plus water to equal 1 cup
- 3 eggs
- 1 - 14 oz. can sweet condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Key Lime juice
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 lime
- Cool Whip
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Step 1 Combine cake mix with butter, eggs and lime juice/water mixture. Bake according to box in 8″ or 9″ cake pans.
- Step 2 Cool cakes completely and cut each cake into two pieces, creating a total of 4 round layers.
- Step 3 To make filling: in a small bowl, mix lime juice with condensed milk, set aside. In a large bowl, beat whipping cream until it peaks. Fold in lime/milk mixture.
- Step 4 Put 1 layer of cake in trifle bowl, place 1/3 c. filling onto cake, sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs and repeat with all layers. Top with Cool Whip, lime slices and graham cracker crumbs.
- Step 5 Chill for several hours before serving.
What is your favorite dessert to make for a summer get together??