Earlier this summer I posted a photograph on Instagram of one of my favorite cocktails – a Cucumber Rickey.
Many people have not heard of this delightfully refreshing cocktail, and I had not either until my sweet friend Anna served them at a girl’s night she hosted. Needless to say, I had to have the recipe.
Low and behold, one day a box showed up on my doorstep and I tore into it not sure of what was inside. Upon opening it, a sweet note from Anna sat on top of a layer of brown paper. After peeling back the paper, the book “Shake” by Eric Prum & Josh Williams sat inside along with the Mason Jar Shaker that they created. Talk about excited – it was such a fun, unexpected gift that was certainly going to be used time and time again. (Thanks Anna!)
Photo from Mountain Feed and Farm Supply
Time for Rickeys!!
Hope you enjoy them as much as Anna and I do!
Recipe is from the book “Shake” by Eric Prum & Josh Williams.
The Cucumber Rickey
- 4 shots gin
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves (plus a few for garnish)
- 6 slices of cucumber (plus 2 for garnish)
- 1 shot fresh lime juice
- Ginger beer
- Step 1 Add the mint leaves, cucumber, and lime juice to the shaker.
- Step 2 Muddle the ingredients in the bottom of the shaker until thoroughly crushed.
- Step 3 Add the gin and ice to above the level of the liquid and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Step 4 Strain mixture into pint glasses containing large cubes of ice, top with ginger beer, and garnish with remaining cucumber slices and mint leaves.