Summer is busy!
Between vacations, work, weekend activities, life with kiddos and everything else – many times good, plain fun with friends goes by the wayside.
Here are five ways that you can make some time for chatting and catching up this summer:
- Hit up one of the many local trails for a morning hike, walk or bike. Head over to Fredericksburg Trails Alliance to plan your adventure together. Nothing like getting some exercise while chatting away!
- While everyone else in your house is relaxing on a Saturday morning, get together with your friend and head over to the Farmer’s Market in Downtown Fredericksburg or Spotsy. Grab a few of your groceries that you need for the weekend while hanging out with your bestie.
- Put a little time in your calendar between meetings to meet up at one of the great coffee shops in Downtown Fredericksburg for a quick (or not so quick) Cold Brew or Macchiato. If you are in North Stafford, head over to Grounds Bistro at Embrey Mill.
- Enjoy a glass of wine and good conversation while painting rocks together. If you have kids, save them for later so they can help hide them OR make a time to go out with your friend on another occasion to hide the rocks!
Photo from The Burg Rocks! Facebook Page
- Thursday nights are a great time to get together for a Craft Cocktail from one of the incredible restaurants around the area. Kybecca, Foode or Bistro Bethem are just a few that make some unique ones! Perfect “friend time” get together!!
And if all else fails – invite ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND THEIR FAMILIES over for a big ‘ole CLEAN OUT YOUR FRIDGE Backyard Party!!!! Everyone brings something that is in their fridge and it’s an instant party!!!!
How do you make time to hang out with your friend over the summer???
Comment and let us know!